Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Nostalgia and The Corrs

I went to the bakery after dinner to pick up some pastries for tomorrow's breakfast. The Corrs was playing "Toss The Feathers" on the record. I love this song, it brings so much memories from my childhood. I practically grew up listening to this group. I just love the instruments that each of them play and the songs, oh those songs, just the intro of "Runaway" makes me melt and completely disappear and it has the same effect  on me until now. I was an MTV kid back then, whenever  I'd get home from school, I would turn on the TV and tune in to MTV and wait for The Corrs to be played while munching on my snack, I was around fifth grade, so just imagine me in my school uniform with ID and all, singing "Dreams" and "What Can I Do". I didn't even know what falling in love and life in the real world meant back then and I fancied these songs!!Weird kid??









When their concert in Lansdowne Road in Dublin was aired on the local channel, it automatically became my no.1 all-time favorite performance (2nd is MTV Unplugged, videos of which are played here). I kept watching the encore and even begged my Ma to get me a VHS copy, yes VHS! So sad Ma never bought me one and I was depressed for an ample time. It was also my first time to hear authentic Irish music and I just fell in love with it. I also had interests in playing the violin but I never had the heart to really go on. It's hard to pick a favorite among the siblings, if any, I really love how Sharon plays the violin with so much confidence and Caroline looks really cool with the drums, I am always in awe of her playing the traditional Irish frame drum, Bodhran. It just makes me wanna dance. The Corrs and their music had a great influence in my childhood, their songs were the soundtrack of my childhood and it did continue until my teens. When I entered the university and had my first break up,I had The Corrs playing "The Hardest Day" for my break up song. I always have a soft spot for these guys. Still makes me sad that they stopped performing.

my first break up song :(

Whenever I hear their songs or watch their performances on the internet the gates to my childhood automatically opens and it just makes me smile. I really wish that my children would be as musically inclined as them when the time comes. I don't wish my children to be as big as what The Corrs siblings has become. I just want them to be playing instruments in the house. Just imagine how cool would that be. I'm gonna be one proud Momma for sure! Then again, it's up to them. I can only wish. Wait, what am I saying?? I'm not even married yet and I am already thinking about my kids playing instruments!!! I should be going to bed, my brain is starting to fail me with all this thoughts. I'll write some more tomorrow, oopps! it's already morning, later I mean. :))

Share the love!




1 comment:

  1. woow!!...The Corrs nostalgia..
    brought back some "special" memories, mum..haha.. yeah really, things that reminds us of our childhood is somehow inspiring and worth reminiscing, perhaps?...

    great write-up here! :))
    see yah!
    -freya-

    ReplyDelete