Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Let Go

Image from Barros-Gorres.com. Quote from editing.


If I may be sentimental, just for today. Please, allow me. The past few days have been really tough not only because of the elements that normally makes my day tough (paper works, exams and more paper work!) but I've been  pretty much affected with how my heart have been behaving lately. It is not in my nature to discuss these sort of things on a public platform and what can be more public than the world wide web! 

Today I decided to write about it because I feel that it is time that I do. I am ready after all this time. After the heartache, tears, desperation and more tears. I have finally made peace with this demon with a handshake! What exactly am I talking about? It started two years ago when I met this fellow who just took my breath away. A song would always play on the background whenever I'd see him. It was that crazy! I wrote about him on my September 2009 entry . He remains anonymous until now and I wish to keep it that way. Having come from a failed relationship, this fellow helped me to gradually move on and he didn't even know it. I never thought that it would be that serious and yet fate played a joke on me and drew the guy closer to me until I could no longer move. I was trapped. I knew I was in big trouble. You know when you take things easy and with so much complacency then it suddenly hits you? That's exactly what happened.Lesson learned. 

I think it is safe to say that I fell in love with that fellow. He was a great guy, he had a heart of gold. He is what we would call in  Tagalog as "walang masamang tinapay" and I've always admired him for that. Now, all of those are just memories. Everything that we've been through, our story, the feelings are just nowhere in sight. I managed to reclaim my previous love, and I've never been happier. Though there were still times that I would remember him, I just brush it off and think about my man and I go back on track. I am blessed with a great guy who never gave up on me after all these years, the man who can't be moved,yes, just like the song. 

This is probably the last time that I will talk about this fellow. I have finally reconciled with the reality that we are not meant to be. He was just a passer by who shared his heart to me. I have fully embraced the possibility that my man, my kind man, will win this to the end. I am just overwhelmed that finally, after a year-long struggle, all is well with me and my heart have truly healed. I am also glad I finally took the courage to let it all go. I didn't give up, I just realized something that I have ignored after all this time. I have my friends to thank for their support and comfort. They were there to listen.

All of us have  stories of losing love and winning it again. Meeting someone who we wished was our destiny and letting them go because they are not ours to keep. Nevertheless, we take courage and move on, we let go because WE CAN!.


4 comments:

  1. mum...you alright?
    my eyes were in tears as i finished reading this post..

    maybe that guy was intended to be really someone whom you can count on for that moment of despair, and eventually turned your tears into laughter and bliss...

    -freya-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting anak. But all is well now. I just remembered everything lang, As I said, I have moved on. By the way..as the first commenter, you have won yourself a freebie anak from me! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ate champ!!I am quite sad but I respect your decision... like what you told me "the winner takes it all" :) I hope and pray for your happiness with the man who can't be moved :)

    ReplyDelete