Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 12, 2011

Midnight Soundtrip

My computer clock reads 12:40 a. m. and yet here I am still wide awake. I can't sleep just yet, so much was going on during the day and I just need to cool things down. Being nocturnal allows me to keep up in times like this. I don't mind being up this late. I have music playing on the background to keep me company. This isn't one of those emotional nights so you can stop worrying, guys. I just need to take a pause and breathe it all in. I just wanna stop talking and take time to listen, just listen to the things around me, recall what happened during the day and assess myself if everything I did was worth it. Did I make good choices? Did I make sense? It's good to end the day with these questions and answer them with firm yeses. 



I can never exchange the solemn silence of midnight for any kind of silence there is in the world. Knowing that everyone is asleep and the place is quiet gives me so much peace. I don't have a schedule for doing this, I just do it when my mind tells me to. We need to be in a certain silence to communicate with ourselves and get our choice of music to keep us company, that way we don't have to feel that we are alone. It is always rewarding to reconnect. (Sigh) So much for tonight. I have to get myself to bed soon. I'll stay in this moment for a little while before I hit the sack. Meanwhile, I'll share with you the music that's keeping me company tonight. I must warn you the are quite old songs. Shoot me. You don't have to like them. :))






 How about you, what keeps you up at night, my friend?







No comments:

Post a Comment