Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Goodies from Spain

My friends are back from Spain after they attended the World Youth Day 2011 celebrations in Madrid. Sure they had a blast and the next one will be in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil for WYD 2013. Being Filipinos, it's an inherent trait for them to bring some goodies for those who were left at home. Oh how I love receiving pasalubongs! No matter how small. Kahit na ballpen lang yan na libreng pamigay dun, sobrong saya ko na niyan! Because it's always the thought that counts. Madali akong kausap when it comes to pasalubong. So I was ecstatic when they handed me the goodies!


Sorry for the poor image quality. I used my webcam in taking these photos.

    All the goodies I got from my friends!


 These two were special requests. Filipinos (I know right?) are chocolate coated cookies. It also comes in white chocolate. It was first introduced to me by my friend, who brought me some during his visit to Madrid. It has become my favorite since then. I had five packs of Filipinos and two packs of peach juice or melocoton, as they call it in Spanish. They were all brought in by my friend, Nelson.


 I was also given these books that were distributed to all the delegates and they even gave extra so hakotan na talaga! The yellow book is YOUCAT or Youth Cathechism, its a personal gift from Pope Benedict XVI. It's a big help for the mission and in cultivating personal faith since it answers questions about the Catholic faith. The blue book is a Pilgrim Book, consist of prayers and meditations during the event.


The back of the Pilgrim Book bears the text MAGNIFICAT, the name of my Marian Group. That's just lovely!


Even though I didn't make it to the WYD in Madrid, I still got the chance to experience it up close through the things that my friends brought home and their stories. I am grateful to have such thoughtful friends, iba parin yung feeling ng naa-alala ka nila in the midst of an overwhelming experience like WYD. Kasi may mga kaibigan talagang sadyang nakakalimot. I'm grateful that I was spared from having such friends, if any, they are no longer in my life. Ha! So, many thanks for the goodies and the love!          






                  

No comments:

Post a Comment