Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I Am Back!

I know. I've been away not just for a while but for a really long time. My last entry was  New Year of 2010, and now we are on the midyear of 2011. I have a long way to catch up and I'll start now before everything gets worse. Please bear with me.

So much has taken place in my life while I was away. I've met a lot of new friends and my daily life has changed its course. Let me begin this "recovery" entry by telling you about my latest endeavor-- the Christian Life Movement, also known as CLM. Don't worry guys, I'm still a Catholic and forever will be. This movement started in Lima, Peru and was founded by Luis Fernando Figari and is present all over the world. They came to the Philippines 7 years ago through a group of religious women also under the umbrella of the Sodalit Family called the Servants of the Plan of God. The movement organize missions and activities centered mainly on youth. This movement was introduced to me by a friend I met at the university who happened to be one of its pioneering members in the Philippines. It took me a while to decide on weather I should commit to the movement. What got me sold to the movement was that unlike most of the philanthropic activities that we know, the missions in this movement doesn't oblige you to donate big financial figures. You only need to give yourself, a day of service to your fellow men and your willingness. We don't do the fancy charity balls in a fancy venue with the advertisements and all. We work quietly.  But don't get me wrong, I respect those philanthropists who organize charity balls and any kind of charitable institutions for that matter. I have always been an advocate of missionary work and the CLM perfectly suited me. You may check on the full details regarding the movement here


Meanwhile, here are some of the photos taken from our missions and some of our community's activities.




My first Mission Day was in Caohagan Island, Cebu here with my friend Mimi and new friend Izzy.



It was later followed by the Christmas is Jesus Campaign in December where I played emcee in Lusaran, Cebu City.


                I was also there for the Vocation Jamboree back in February 2011


Under the umbrella of CLM is the Marian Community. Here with my Marian sisters (L-R) Jade, Iris, Clarrence and Crystal (in blue). Our group is called the Magnificat.



Here facilitating a recollection for kids with my Marian friend, Jade. Catechism is one of the major  apostolates of the movement.


Then came my 2nd Mission Day experience, this time in the beautiful island of Pandanon in Bohol. Their church was under renovation when we came.



The kids are usually grouped according to their age and  we teach them and play with them. Snacks follow after the session.



We usually take a group picture before we wrap up the mission. Behold the volunteers and missionaries of CLM Pilipinas.

Last Sunday we had another Mission Day in Pandanon Island. It marked my 3rd Mission Day experience. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to pack my camera to document the activity. I was overwhelmed to be back and how the residents of the island welcomed our group. Everything was well organized and the kids even came in their school uniforms. We had a solemn Mass and a smooth flowing activity. I always say that the Mission Day is my "first love" in CLM so I always make it a point to be there. Now that I am back in the blogging world I can guarantee that my entries would have a touch of my life in the movement since it now part of who I am. 

I am also glad that Blogger is 100x better than it was before. It's easier to manage. Thanks Blogger!! It's really good to be back after all this time, there is just so much in my world to write. I officially welcome you all to Champoy World ! More posts to come!


xoxo Champoy ;)

3 comments:

  1. Nakabalik kana! Have you told Kuya? -Pie

    ReplyDelete
  2. mi hermna.champie,,,,this is great,,,continue my friend in sharing your thoughts and your experiences that can inspire people,,and i just realized this is a good way of doin apostolate,,,

    with my prayers,,,
    clarrence,CLm..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. naa na diay ,CLM ang imo name clarrence? hahaha..clarrence rhea orag, clm, rn.

    champ!!! nice blog!! keep it up!!...updated..hahaha thanks for sharing your xperiences

    ReplyDelete